Chanterelle Mushrooms and PastaPrint Recipe
- 4-6 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, cooked per package directions
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 4 ounces chanterelle mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 1-2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: crushed red pepper flakes
Cook pasta according to package directions. Don't forget to salt the water before adding the pasta!
Heat oil on medium high, then add butter. When butter is melted add the garlic, onion, mushrooms, and red pepper flakes. Saute until mushrooms have softened and garlic has started to turn golden brown. Remove from heat and add the salt and pepper to taste. At this point the finishing is completely up to you. You can add the pasta to the bowl, then the mushroom mixture, then top with the parmesan cheese and parsley. OR, you can add the pasta straight from the water into the mushroom mixture, top with the parmesan and cheese and lightly stir together.