Grilled Swordfish and Summer Veggies on Grilled Naan BreadPrint Recipe
- 1/2 c. olive oil, plus more for grill grate
- 1 Tbsp grated garlic
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. Swordfish, cut into 1-in cubes
- 4-6 mini bell peppers (sweet peppers), varying colors
- 1 med. red onion, cut into 1-in pieces (ends kept on so layers stay together)
- 1 med. zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (or very small heirlooms, whatever small tomato is available for you)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Garlic Aioli:
- Juice of 1 lemon (be sure to ZEST before juicing!)
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Sherry vinegar (or red balsamic will do too)
- 1/2 hot sauce
- 8 pieces pita or naan, toasted on the grill
- Garnish: Chopped fresh cilantro and parsley
- Blue Margarita:
- margarita (or Kosher) salt
- Lime wedges
- Ice cubes (for mixing and in glass)
- 3 ounces (2 shots) agave tequila
- 1 1/2 ounce (1 shot) blue curacao
- juice of 1 lime wedge
- splash of orange juice
- splash of lemon-lime soda
- orange slices
For the Kebabs
1. Whisk together olive oil, garlic, ginger, lemon zest and some salt and pepper.
2. Place swordfish in a large bowl and the veggies in another large bowl. Evenly divide the olive oil mixture and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate at room temp for about 30 min up to 1 hour. (The marinade will help break down the fish, so don't go longer than about 1 hr).
Meanwhile for the Garlic Aioli
3. Whisk together the lemon juice, mayo, cilantro, parsley, garlic, mustard, vinegar and hot sauce in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. When fish and veggies are ready, pre-heat grill over medium-high heat. (Be sure to soak wooden skewers at least 30 min. before use)
5. While grill is heating, thread the swordfish onto six 12-in skewers, then thread the peppers, onions, zucchini and tomatoes onto individual skewers (be sure to keep them separated, as all have different cook times and this will prevent under- or over-cooking any of the vegetables).
6. When grill is good and hot, oil the grates and place skewers on grill grates, sprinkling with salt and pepper. Turn and grill until lightly charred and grill marked and the swordfish is cooked through (about 3-5 minutes per side). Slide fish and veggies off skewers onto a large serving plate.
7. To serve, spread aioli onto grilled naan or pita bread, add fish and veggies, then drizzle with a little (or a lot) more aioli to taste. Sprinkle with cilantro and parsley. Squeeze a little lemon on top, if desired.
1. Rub the rim of glass with lime then dip in salt, then fill with ice.
2. In a drink mixer (or any drink container with lid that can be tightly closed), fill with ice 3/4 full, then add the tequila, triple sec, lime juice (squeeze then drop into drink) and orange juice. Shake vigorously for about 20-30 seconds, then strain into salt-rimmed glass.
4. Pour in lemon-lime soda and stir.
3. Garnish with orange wedge and enjoy!